FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - To Japan on CX F/J
View Single Post
Old Mar 31, 2011, 8:33 am
gates_2

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Glob AA Plat
Part 1: The Journey Begins

I began this journey Quite early in the morning. With just two hours of sleep, I hopped on the shuttle to the airport, and, no suprise, found a long line at the AA checkin counter of people waiting to check bags.

Only one couple in front of me at the elite check-in, but they had a surfboard. The lady at check in eyed the large case and asked, "is there only one surfboard in there? If there are two, we'll pull you off the plane and make you pay at the gate." The guy coughed up the $150 rather quickly for the additional surfboard.

spacious legroom on in seat 6A.... /s

At least the economy leg was at the beginning of the trip- I would have been way too spoiled to sit crunched in for an hour after the experience I'm expecting to have on CX.

After walking for an eternity(can you tell I'm lazy?), I managed to switch terminals and find my way to the BA F/terraces lounge. 7:30 AM, and not a soul in sight:

Here is the wine served:

and the liquor:

One negative thing about the lounge seems to be that the automatic towel dispenser seems to be running low on power. I've included an informative video to demonstrate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwgbdYPNo4c

More to come...stay tuned

Last edited by gates_2; Mar 31, 2011 at 11:41 am