FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Targeted Offer: Presidential Plus Annual Fee Waived
Old Mar 30, 2011, 8:39 am
thepointsguy

Programs: Delta DM, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond, MTA Rust, Hertz Five Star something or other
Targeted Offer: Presidential Plus Annual Fee Waived

I did a search and didn't see this anywhere- I got an email from Continental yesterday hawking free lounge access. When I opened it, there was a reminder about Continental leaving Amex Membership Rewards in September and then a targeted offer to get the Presidential Plus card with no annual fee ($395) for the first year.

While I personally won't take advantage of this offer because I have sufficient lounge access with Amex Plat/ Delta Diamond, I thought it was a very generous offer. If there were bonus points, I might have actually thought about it, but I'd rather use my Chase credit card apps for more lucrative cards like BA, Hyatt and Sapphire Preferred.

Anyway, I thought it was interesting that they are very aggressively going after Amex customers- to the tune of waiving $395 annual fees, which you rarely see. I have a picture of the offer on my site- if you are thinking about getting a Pres Plus card, you may want to ask if you'd be eligilbe for this offer. I'm sure making up a story that you have an Amex Plat and want to switch to Chase may help your cause

Last edited by thepointsguy; Mar 30, 2011 at 9:59 am Reason: typo