FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need your help for a Fairmont trip
View Single Post
Old Mar 29, 2011, 4:10 pm
kokinos

Originally Posted by alelex
Wow! To many replies! Thanks so much!

So, I think the idea to fly from Vancouver to Calgary can be good and fun too! Vancouver is a easy city to discove by feet? or NEED a car?

I dont want to only sleep one night in each hotel, because you can't really "enjoy" the place when is just one night, so I was not sure if I go to Edmonton (MacDonald is a must see too? I know lot of you knows this hotel).

Banff is a little kid dream, and I booked this hotel for next year (honeymoon trip (my poor future wife hate trees )) So I want to check if can be still good!

And when back to Vancouver, stay maybe in Fairmont Airport? I read at some place the Fairmont Airport is a good one, or maybe I just wait to book when i start my trip and see wich one (between Pacitic Rim and Fairmont Vancouver) is my fav.

Thanks everyone and sorry for my english mistakes!
No need for a car in Vancouver. Cabs are everywhere and fairly cheap. Also the Skytrain from the airport to downtown is cheap and fast.

The Calgary and Edmonton Fairmonts can't be compared to the others on the list. I would suggest spend your nights at other hotels if your schedule allows.

Fairmont Vancouver Airport is a great "Airport" hotel but you can't really compare it to Pacific Rim Hotel and it's location. But once again I think this is a schedule thing, if you have lots of time before heading home in Vancouver I would choose a downtown hotel and enjoy your last day near the water, superb restaurants and social scene.

In case you have an extra night by not spending it in Calgary or Edmonton you can rent a car for a day in Vancouver and go to Whistler or Victoria because even just the journeys to these hotels are wonderful.