Old Mar 28, 11, 2:48 pm
javabytes
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, MR Gold, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Originally Posted by Helena Handbaskets View Post
I haven't seen answers to these questions aggregated into a single easily-accessible reference, so if one exists, please point me there. Otherwise, perhaps this thread could become the reference I seek.

A. When traveling on a non-refundable purchased fare...

1. If I want to make changes prior to departure, what are my options and what fees apply if I want to
a) change the departure and/or return dates, but not the cities? Change fee + fare difference; changing the return can be different than if you need to change the outbound (see ticket reissue procedures)
b) change either the origin city or the destination? Change fee + fare difference
c) cancel the itinerary entirely and apply any residual fare value to another flight within 1 year of booking? Voucher back less the cancellation fee

2. If I miss my flight, what are my options and what fees apply if I want to
a) change the departure and/or return dates, but not the cities? Change fee + fare difference
b) change either the origin city or the destination? Change fee + fare difference
c) cancel the itinerary entirely and apply any residual fare value to another flight within 1 year of booking? Voucher back less the cancellation fee
d) still want to get to my destination and resume the itinerary from there? SDC for $50 (or free for GM and above), or SDS if SDC is not available (only GM and above are eligibile), or if neither are available, change fee + fare difference.

B. When traveling on a Skymiles ticket...

1. If I want to make changes prior to departure, what are my options and what fees or penalties apply if I want to
a) change the departure and/or return dates, but not the cities? Pay $150 change fee, waived for PM and above, plus mileage difference
b) change either the origin city or the destination? Pay $150 change fee, waived for PM and above, plus mileage difference
c) cancel the itinerary entirely and redeposit the miles in my account? Pay $150 redeposit fee, waived for PM and above

2. If I miss my flight, what are my options and what fees or penalties apply if I want to
a) change the departure and/or return dates, but not the cities? Pay $150 change fee, waived for PM and above, plus mileage difference
b) change either the origin city or the destination? Pay $150 change fee, waived for PM and above, plus mileage difference
c) cancel the itinerary entirely and redeposit the miles in my account? Pay $150 redeposit fee, waived for PM and above
d) still want to get to my destination and resume the itinerary from there? SDC for $50 (or free for GM and above), or SDS if SDC is not available (only GM and above are eligibile), or if neither are available, change ticket and incur $150 change fee (waived for PM and above) + mileage difference.