FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long do timetable changes last? (LGW-JER schedule)
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:24 am
dark_horse
Suspended

Programs: Mucci, BAEC (Silver), FlyBe
How long do timetable changes last? (LGW-JER schedule)

As has been pointed out in a different thread ('wot I can't find), there are now no red-eye flights on the JER-LGW routes on Wednesdays. However, as I'm going the other way, I've also noticed that my favoured 8:35am departure from LGW now doesn't exist.

There are still (usually) five flights a day, but the first is at 7:20am and the second at midday! I would struggle to get to the airport for the first flight without a taxi, something my company frowns on, while the second flight is too late to justify going across for a day without staying overnight!

Does anyone know how long this will last, or if it's permanent? A reason would also be good...

From a personal perspective, my Silver card is about to expire and my alternative would be starting anew with BE (which might at least give me lounge access quicker!) but the flights in Economy are usually more expensive and those cramped little Dash-8s don't really appeal. I'd even need to buy new luggage for it to fit in the overhead bins! So there's a bit of background to this one...