FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Anyone here own Starwood Timeshare?
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2011, 5:30 pm
tashworth

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
Originally Posted by danielonn

Is it possible to buy a 1 bedroom Premium at the Desert Oasis Scottsdale AZ and pay the difference to stay in a 2 bedroom Westin Unit or use the 1 bedroom Premium one week and then get a getaway in a 2 bedroom at the Westin?
I can't speak for resales, but do not buy a 1 BR premium at SDO and expect a good trade to another SVO resort unless you plan on concentrating on Orlando or Myrtle Beach. 11 years ago I purchased a 2 BR lockout with the intent on never really staying at SDO (I did last year, and it was okay, but not nearly the caliber of the new resorts). Any of the Westin resorts will require at LEAST 81,000 staroptions (2 BR lockout), and nothing less--and that is typically in the low and hurricane seasons. Cancun, Hawaii, and Atlantis are pretty much out for me even with a 2 BR lockout...

If you do purchase, I would suggest a higher caliber resort such as Hawaii or Cancun or Bahamas and purchase via tug2.net or redweek.com--but shop around. You might even be able to find something using a Realtor. Good luck.