Old Mar 27, 11, 4:07 pm
cme2c

Help with schedule change, what's reasonable?

Had summer award flights booked FSD-ORD-LHR and return (but booked as a separate award ticket) Specifically chose FSD (instead of my home OMA) because at that time it would get to ORD to catch the daytime ORD-LHR. Now a schedule change on FSD-ORD leaves us unable to make the daytime ORD-LHR, so they rebooked us on a flight that now arrives at 7AM the next day.

There is a flight DSM-ORD that would allow us to make that early flight. I called to ask to have the departure/return switched to DSM from FSD and to be reinstated on the daytime ORD-LHR. Was told by CS that they cannot change the departure and origin on the ticket. (Ironically, I was offered a return to a different destination when the return leg had a schedule change a couple of months ago). Asked for Supervisor to no avail. Other than calling back, does anyone have any other advice on ways I can get this changed. My wife and I don't sleep well on planes and it really costs us a day in London. Overnighting in Chicago would be one option, but would cause a missed day of work.