FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to 'travel' in F, F etiquette
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2011, 1:50 pm
pinworm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Kev-
Seems a bit harsh to say that an F passenger shouldn't be allowed to have their spouse come up and talk for a bit, at least not an automatic blanket rule. If there were space on the flight, he'd be up there talking with her, just the same. He indicated not using the aisle ("assuming there is a companion ottoman chair or something or I have one of those suites"). It's not really a case of "hey come check out all this fancy first class stuff!", because he'd have his own F ticket if there was space in the cabin on the particular flight.

Actually, that leg is "only" business class according to his 2nd post. Less likely to have an ottoman or suite perhaps.

The OP and 2nd post make me wonder about my future goal of flying RTW in real F. I looked at one RTW route finder gizmo and found it hard to route all or even most of my desired destinations in F. I suppose when the time comes I can easily find help here though.
Not harsh at all. Non-F pax are not even supposed to come up to use the F lav...although it happens when the FA is not particuarly sharp. That cabin is for those with F tickets only, full stop. They only time non-F pax should even see it is when they board and deplane. This is part of the service offered. If someone is seaparated from their spouse, the F pax can go back into coach and visit them, or learn to be seaparated from their spouse for a few hours. The world will not end. Splitting the seat is just tacky behavior, like sneaking companions into a hotel room to save a few bucks after you check in as 1 person.

On the other subject of doing a RTW in first...yeah, it can be hard to get it all the way. What you should do is save the F ticks for the longer haul flights and fly coach for the shorter haul flights, say under 4 hours.