FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Asia Gold+ No More SC Access
View Single Post
Old Mar 27, 2011, 7:41 am
DaddyRabbit
Suspended

DL Rules

Originally Posted by mnredfox
Well, mark another one for the books on DL's elimination of benefits for Gold+ based elites and another arrow into destroying every good bit of loyalty that NWA built up in Asia. First there was the origination surcharge, then elimination of ability to book partners online, the rampant inflation of award tickets (esp to J) to Asia, then recently the huge fiasco over increase in award amounts up to 125% within Asia.

Now DL took one step further to remove the benefit of skyclub access for Asia based elites Gold and higher. This was a perk as far as I can remember back from NWA and now DL has eliminated. And the best part is they did it ever so characteristically with no email, no phone call, no letter, just sneakily removing it from their website.

I know this thread is somewhat of a dupe of this:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...club-card.html

But, I thought a separate thread was deserved as I wasn't about DL to get away with yet another devaluation of their program to international based elites without anyone knowing. Pretty much only DM's based in ATL will have club access. Thanks DL for not only taking it away but not telling anyone about it.
Seems that DL rules should be the samem for all. If I am a U.S.- or Asia-based GM I purchase SkyClub membership. If I am a Gold I get SkyTeam lounge access. If I am a DM, which I am, a receive free SkyClub membership.

Make the rules the same for the same airline.

BTW, NW has not operated for three or so years now. It is gone.