FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Join us for a flight with Captain Denny on March 26 (and dinner on March 25) 2011!
Old Mar 26, 2011, 11:55 pm
FriendlySkies
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by rudling
It's now about an hour after this flight landed, and I'm surprised nobody's posted yet. I'm in the ORD IFL, waiting on UA843 to GRU.

For those of you who missed my introduction by Capt Denny himself, I had no idea this was going on - was simply heading down to GRU for work with a colleague. Recognized Capt Denny at the door, mentioned I was a FlyerTalker, and he walked me into the cabin, prompting the rest of you for a show of hands. I suspect you guys know for sure, but my guess is 75+% of the F cabin was FlyerTalkers.

For those who couldn't make it, the flight was pleasant and smooth. Capt Denny greeted the arriving pax personally, hand-wrote a thanks to each of the F-cabin pax (and perhaps others) on his biz cards, and gave away his usual bottles of wine toward the end of the flight.

Throughout, FlyerTalkers dominated the F-cabin aisles and galley area, and the level of chitchat and boisterous laughter reminded me of a charter flight - or pretty much any flight on Alitalia. Not to mention the wild applause for the landing (and some of the inflight announcements).

Sorry I won't be able to make dinner, hope you all have a great time! Lucky, I'll keep a better eye out for these opportunities in future.

Cheers!
Hope you enjoyed the flight to ORD! I feel as though my next few flights will be a bit disappointing, as the crews may not be as fun..

Thanks to everybody who made this a wonderful day! As promised, I'll be posting the photos that I took, just as soon as I finish editing