FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DL in LHR, free BE BOS-LHR
View Single Post
Old Mar 26, 2011, 9:32 am
mtkeller

Programs: BA Silver; HHonors Gold; SPG Gold; Points but dirt with everyone else
The DeltaCube at LHR T5

So around mid-day today, I made the trek out to LHR to visit the Delta Cube. It's right in the middle of the T5 departures area, and is the only thing anywhere that doesn't have a BA logo on it. Basically, they have a flat bed seat from the 764 inside a glass cube with a guy to sit in it and demo it and some staff to tell you about their service from LHR. They're REALLY pushing the every BE seat has direct aisle access, as it is their advantage over BA's Club World product now that both are flat beds. Beyond the BE information, the agents were generally clueless. They asked if I flew DL, and I told them I was a medallion and they seemed to not know what I was talking about. Even saying I lived in ATL for six years didn't register very high on a list of obvious reasons one would fly DL primarily. However, they were all very friendly British folks who seemed terribly bored to be standing there. Apparently BA has some agents coming by periodically to keep people from lingering too long

I did play their little game of trying to position American landmarks on the right state for a chance to win a pair of return BE tickets from LHR to the US. (Those on the inaugural BOS-LHR flights need not head over to T5 to play, as the competition is open to UK residents only and the tickets are only good ex-LHR.) Apparently I did better than most on the little game. Would have been perfect but the touchscreen is not sensitive enough to let you actually position the Washington Monument on top of Washington DC on the map. Even the web version (also UK residents only) won't let you put it in DC (and seems to call it the Lincoln Memorial *facepalm*). I did discover that if you try enough times, you can get a version without that particular attraction, so I entered with a perfect score.

Photos from inside the DeltaCube, outside, and then the whole crew (other than the "business traveller") are below. I spent maybe 20 minutes there, and I didn't see them talk to a single person outside their group other than me, but LHR seemed pretty slow at the time anyway.