FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Westin Taipei [to Close December 31, 2018] [Master Thread]
Old Nov 29, 2003, 8:31 pm
thezipper

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
I've been there several times, recently last month. Used the $$$ and points for a nice room and upgraded to a suite on the 14th floor, although the corner suites on the 15th floor rock! The ceilings on the 14th were about 10' while the 15th had at least 15' with floor to celing windows looking towards Yan-ming shan. The Exec floor lounge is great for breakfast as noted with an egg station for made-to-order food. The spread is one of the nicest I've seen. Stopped by in the afternoon for snacks and the cheesecase they had was superb, believe it was from one of the other outlets they have in the building. I took the bus from the airport and it got me within a 5 min walk of the hotel. Not bad considering the bus fare was only 130 NT. (About $4 USD) The biggest kick I got was the Westin Taipei had a little folder on the desk where you cold use your Starpoints to purchase "Freddie Awards" ... Lurker and Randy got a chuckle out of that one!