FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Saigon Grand Opera Hotel [Ho Chi Minh] Vietnam - [Master Thread]
Old Nov 3, 2003, 10:25 am
1K_From_SNA

Programs: UA 2MM Lifetime Plat, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I stayed there in May a few weeks after they first opened up.

I actually stayed there two nights, went away for a few, and then back for one night before flying back to BKK. The first stay I had a regular room as there were no suites. The room was new, and just fine. The second time I got a Suite (I'm Plat). That was excellent!

All the rooms were just re-done. When I say re-done it looks like the building/rooms were just built. And that may be the case I'm not really sure, but I can tell you it looked like it was just built.

The Club level wasn't opened yet but I got a Free Breakfast Buffet in lieu of which was great, and free cocktails in the afternoon in the lobby bar.

The pool is in the center of the building so if you are looking for Sun at most times the towere are in the way. The Health Club while I didn't go in looked like it had lots of stuff.

The staff there were all very friendly. When having my free Breakfast the Genenal Manager stopped by introduced himself and asked questions. He seemed very sincere in making this hotel outstanding with his goal of being the best Hotel in SGN.

The location was fine for me. Stores etc. nearby. I wasn't concerned about walking around at night because there were plenty of people, but it looked like a typical downtown in places.

I spent 4K StarPoints per night which was a great deal!

I have a picture of the room so email me if you'd like to see it. (I know it might sound quirky, but I took an e-picture of everything on the trip)

Overall I would stay there again in a minute.