FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:19 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Nelumbo
I could echo the other FTer's advice: long-term friendly relationship with the banks is very important.

I stopped by a bank of my long time favorite the other day with some coins that I couldn't spend within a quite long period of time (so I didn't make immediate deposit to a bank), and the banker just smiled at me: "these # boxes only?"

I think it is good to avoid abusing the relationship with the banks and keep the program running long
yup, but sometimes despite ones' length of time in the bank or how one makes any given coin deposit, they just don't wantcha. In my case, for example, I continue to submit that it was just a matter of bad luck coupled with a manager that just did not dig me or my actions in a small town region. So be it. Other banks I have accounts at do not have any problems with me or my coins at all. Even at far greater amounts of deposits. All I have done is report my experiences with different financial institutions and maybe others here can use the information to save themselves the trouble in similar situations.