FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Mar 20, 2011, 5:55 pm
Marathon Man
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ltg, B6, DL, UA, AS, SPG/Marriott Plt, HH, Hyatt
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Yes it is very addictive. As is trying to find new ways to spend them. I love Girl Scout cookies and yesterday went to Kroger to pick up a prescription and saw the girl scouts were selling cookies outside. I went in and dropped off the RX and while I was waiting for them to fill it, I went out to my car to get some of the dollar coins and then went to their table and bought some with the coins. I was going to buy some and was thinking to myself it was a prefect way to spend some coins, their leader that was taking the money didn't seem too happy taking 15 coins I bought 4 boxes that totalled $14 and give them an extra dollar donation but she didn't seem very appreciative when I paid her in coins.
My goodness and I thought the only insane people who do not like the way one uses these coins were only found in this thread!

I would have stopped, looked the person right in the eyes and calmly but sternly said, "Now, I paid legal US tender for these cookies just like everybody else here has and then I even tipped you $1 extra out of the goodness of my heart as a gesture toward the girl scouts for their efforts. Yet, you snarl at me because you do not approve of my method of payment (ie, cash, and not a hard-to-handle amount of it)? Sorry but that's no way to do business!"

Then I would have extracted the tip and took a bite out of one of the cookies as I turned and walked off.

Then again, some say I am a snide, remorseful, unethical, angry and horrid lying cheat of a person--and you can quote me on that