FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ResMed CPAPs VPAPS certified for use on aircraft
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:06 pm
backdoc

Programs: BA Gold, UA Premier 1K, Amex Plat, GlobalEntry
Great Customer Service Air New Zealand RE: CPAP

I put a request via email yesterday to Special Services @ Air New Zealand for a flight Tuesday from LAX-LHR requesting to use my machine on board with a photo of the model/serial number of my machine.

A very polite woman called me yesterday from Air New Zealand to follow-up and asked if there were any other medical issues that they should know about and "I said no, I just snore." She said great and that my machine was approved to be used on both the LAX-LHR and return.

I then got a follow-up email from them a few minutes later:

Hi Dr.,

Further to our conversation today, as you have advised that you have no medical conditions that we need to be aware of, Medical clearance is not required for this journey and you are welcome to bring your REMstar Auto M Series battery powered CPAP on board.

Please ensure you provide enough batteries to operate the machine for the period of intended use as we are unable to offer recharging facility on board and cannot use aircraft power.

I hope you enjoy your flight with Air New Zealand,

Kind Regards,

Kylie Hansen

Originally Posted by backdoc
Current Air New Zealand Approved CPAP Machines
Resmed / Sullivan APD 2, 2e &2s
Resmed / Sullivan S6 Elite & Liteweight
Resmed / Sullivan III & IIId
Resmed / Sullivan V, V Plus & V Elite
Resmed / Sullivan Autoset T
Resmed VPAP III & VPAP III ST
ResMed S7 AutoSet Spirit, AutoSet Spirit, S7 Lightweight, S7Elite
ResMed S8 AutoSet Spirit, S8 Autoset Vantage, S8 Elite, S8 AutoScore,S8 AutoScore II ,S8 Classic, S8 Escape (S8 Lightweight)
ResMed S9 Autoset, S9 Elite

Fisher and Paykel HC230 series (HC231, HC232, HC233, HC234, HC235, HC236, HC237, HC238, HC239)
Fisher and Paykel HC600 series (HC602, HC604, HC608)

Respironics Remstar Auto A -flex - permitted on battery power only

REMstar Plus C-Flex, REMstar Pro C-Flex + - permitted on battery power only