FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [OP link EXPIRED]Hilton HHonor AMEX points - 62,500 (50k easy)
Old Mar 19, 2011, 9:03 pm
muji

Originally Posted by muji
In part 4 of the Terms & Conditions it states: "Cardmember must charge a stay at a participating Hilton Family hotel to their Hilton HHonors Credit Card within their first three months of Cardmembership. One $50 statement credit will be issued for the first Hilton Family purchase made with the Card. "

They seem to be saying that to do so, as part of this offer, I need to "stay at a participating Hilton ...within the first three months of Cardmembership". But then they make a reference to a $50 credit...so I am wondering if in fact this stipulation that one stay at a Hilton during the first three months of card membership is in fact simply in reference to getting this additional ($50 credit) bonus.

To simply get the 20,000 + 30,000 points I do not need to stay at a Hilton during the first three months; is that correct?
Yes, that is correct.
(I emailed HHonors. They replied: "I apologize for the confusion. Regarding the $50 credit, it appears to be an American Express promotion. In order to ensure direct assistance, please contact American Express...You do not need to stay at a Hilton during the first three months. American Express Platinum will award 20,000 HHonors points to your HHonors account when you make your first purchase...")