FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Beijing taxis and car services
View Single Post
Old Mar 18, 2011, 1:58 pm
moondog
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by nologic
If she only spoke English...I will say Ma speaks English like he was born in the USA...and has a larger black car, but unfortunately isn't "hot"...and charges a premium.
I'm just trying to flood this thread with as many phone numbers as I can in order to make it easier for you guys to negotiate prices before you leave your home countries.

I endure 60+ taxi journeys per week, and get info from around 1 driver per month (though streaks happen).

Typically, I pinpoint nice guys with big cars (I don't focus so much on the "English speaking" aspect because most of you have cell phones to bridge that gap).

But, any of you that can tolerate a smaller car would surely appreciate my most recent referral.

Btw, I'm generally happy to serve as the "on call interpreter" for kind people that need assistance. In short, I am willing to provide my mobile number on a case by case basis; whether or not I'm in China, I will help you get to your destination. (Hotel concierges can do the same, so you should save their numbers, but their English language skills aren't as strong as mine.)