Old Mar 17, 11, 7:07 pm
botham

Programs: BA Blue, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
LHR-DFW-IAH Part 3

I had to change my car hire and book a hotel in Dallas, which took an age on the awfully slow BA wifi. Eventually I used the terminals in the Board room enjoying the comfort of the old Concorde leather seats. This internet was much quicker and I used my Starwood points to book the Westin DFW (3000 points). We changed the car hire for a Saturday collection and will keep our original reservation for the Sheraton Houston North for the Saturday night.
Just before we left the comfort of the CCR Terrace, I asked the BA agent if our original flight BA 197 on 5 March, had been cancelled and was horrified to find that they were checking people in and the flight was ‘live’.

They suggested I email BA customer services, with my ‘story of woe’. Something must be seriously wrong with their booking system for things like this to happen!

In no time at all, our flight was shown as leaving from gate B34, which meant a bit of a trek. One minute it was showing as Boarding, then the next ‘final call’, so we rushed along. In the excitement, I initially failed to spot that this flight had new F, so I was delighted. I took some pictures ably assisted by the cabin crew, who were very attentive.

We were soon airborne, only allowing me enough time to send a couple of PM’s to FT members and post an update.
The champagne in F is Taittinger Brut Millesime 2004, which tastes good, but I have no idea as to it’s quality. After two days of liquids and Aloe Vera in a Detox diet I’m delighted to be enjoying other liquids. My wife is adorned in a beautiful silky blue dress and she looks lovely, it’s great to be alive.

I hope Sam, the cat will forgive us for the hurried exit last night!
We are about to have lunch, which for me will be salmon and shrimps,

followed by a duo of English beef and some cheese and chocolate (don’t tell the Detox adviser!). Still to come, cream tea and banana chocolate cake.

With three hours to go I still haven’t had the cake, but oh dear I have sneaked off to the Club kitchen and indulged in chocolate! All that effort and the calories come creeping back! Maltesers, shortbread chocolate bars all the way from DORCHESTER! Hey, we’ve still got the cruise to come and Rosy wants to find the Cheesecake Factory, my oh my!

I now have burnt butter ice cream and Bailey’s with ice, yum yum! That’s gone so I’ll have to start typing again! We have been having a discussion about the distance from the table that an average stomach is and how important kit is to use a napkin! Pity the poor soul that does the laundry! Now 2 hours to reality, when we land at DFW and presumably meet chaotic immigration, but don’t forget queue on the right, where the line moves fastest.