Old Mar 17, 11, 7:04 pm
botham

Programs: BA Blue, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
LHR-DFW-IAH Part 2

Outbound Journey

We usually travel up to London the night before a long flight, but as our flight doesn’t leave until 14.20, we decided to travel up in what should be lighter traffic, as it’s a Saturday, on the day and leave quite early, allowing more time in the Concorde Room.

My mum has just moved to a respite home near Cambridge and wanted some things, so we decided to travel up on Friday 4th and stay at her house, near Cambridge, before driving to LHR on Saturday morning.

I found a special offer for parking on the Travel Essentials website, allowing valet parking for the same cost as long stay. Perfect parking are charging us 59.99 for 9 days parking, excellent value. We simply drive to departures, leave our car with their chauffeur and do the reverse on our return.

UNWANTED FLIGHT CHANGE

On the Thursday night, I received a PM from a friendly Flyer Talk member, informing me that our flight BA197 may be cancelled and if it flew, it would have old F. This really worried us as it meant we would miss our cruise, if the flight was cancelled. This was about 21.00 and BA in the UK close at 20.00, so I called BA USA and the agent told me that although the flight was still live, it said on our booking ref that it had been cancelled and as we had award tickets we would need to call BAEC in the morning. This stressed us further so I waited 30 mins for BAEC in USA and the agent confirmed that our booking ref showed the flight cancelled. He offered us various options, but the only satisfactory one meant us driving overnight to Cambridge to drop off my mum’s things and then drive back to LHR. We knew she’d be upset, but fortunately she was awake at 05.00 and we had a quick chat. We arrived at LHR at 07.15 for the 10.50 flight,

but the parking guys kept me standing in the cold for 45 minutes, which delayed our breakfast and Bucks Fizz.

Fast Track and check-in were really busy, so we didn’t get to the CCR until about 08.30 and no spa treatments were available so we booked the massage chairs and showers, followed by smoked salmon and scrambled eggs for breakfast.

CCR Champagne Bar

Terraces Shower

View from CCR Terrace

Wines in CCR

Last edited by botham; Mar 18, 11 at 8:26 am Reason: Titles for photos