FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IS this cut far too tight?
View Single Post
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:33 am
IADCAflyer

Programs: AA EXP; 1W Emerald; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; UA dirt
That arrival time is a peak arrival window for EU flights into IAD. Flights from LHR, FRA, MUC, and CDG are all arriving at that same time with LOADS of people on them. If you were a US citizen I might be a little more comfortable with a 1:20 window (but not much), but since this is IAD and since you're not a US citizen, I would put your chances of making that connection at less than 10%.

To make matters worse, and they may have changed procedures with C&I in the C concourse, you may be forced to exit the secure area (after customs/immigration) and then reclear TSA security for your IAD-PDX segment...IAD security lines are infamous between 3:00 and 6:00 because the lines are chock full of passengers passing security to reach the EU bound flights and west coast transcon flights. Your flight is on BD, so I am not sure where BD planes clear C

As to clearing immigration again, no. Once you're in country you are in country. But do bear in mind that immigration issues will be separate from TSA security issues which anyone faces when trying to access passenger terminal/gate areas

Last edited by IADCAflyer; Mar 17, 2011 at 4:38 am