FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Need Assistant] Sri Lankan Economy Plus / Premium Economy for Singapore Route
Old Mar 10, 2011, 8:21 pm
CX100Silver

Programs: SQ Krisflyer Gold / Hilton Hhonour Diamond / Starwood SPG Gold / CX Former Gold, now Green
[Need Assistant] Sri Lankan Economy Plus / Premium Economy for Singapore Route

Hi All,

I am flying from SIN-CMB-MLE-CMB-MLE on 26Mar-30Mar2011.
All the sectors are with A340, except CMB-MLE on A330. I am also their
Frequent Flyer member (entry level only).

From my understanding, Sri Lankan offers Economy Plus / Premium Economy seat on row 10-14 for A340 and row 10-12 for A330. So, on the Sri Lankan website, I retrieve my booking and choosen these Economy Plus seat for all
sectors (even I booked in normal Economy, but website allows me to choose Economy Plus seats)

After I choose these seats, in the forum, I found some comments from other passengers (from UK) that the airlines charges 75Pounds per sector for the route between CMB<->London to upgrade from normal Economy to Economy Plus seat. However, these UK passengers (1) were not their Frequent Flyer members, (2) did not pre-choose their seat on website.

So, for me, if I am their member and already pre-choose these seats on the website (which the website never mention anything about the cost of upgrade to Economy Plus seats), would Sri Lankan check in lady ask me to pay for the upgrade?? Would these upgrade charges only applies to CMB<->London route, but not SIN<->CMB<->MLE route (so that's why webite allows me to choose Y+ seat)?

Thank you very much!!

Cx100silver