FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dubai-Tel Aviv
Thread: Dubai-Tel Aviv
View Single Post
Old Mar 10, 2011, 6:05 pm
Hyperacusis

Programs: BA Silver | AA LT Gold | EY Silver | Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by NOIR
The trick to it is to never have an Isreali entry/exit stamp in your passport. A lot of people do this just because the Isrealis know that middle eastern countries can give you problems when entering their country with Isreali stamps in your passport.

He can go to UAE first, then Isreal, but he will always have an Isreali stamp in his passport if he goes again. The only way back to the UAE is for him to get a new passport with no stamps.

UAE is very sensitive about this issue.
Not true. As per the UAE Embassy in Washington DC, having Israeli entry/exit stamps in your passport will not cause any issues at immigration. It was problematic years ago, but is no longer the case. I know multiple folks who have travelled to DXB with Israeli stamps in their American passports, and never faced issues. Exit immigration won't say a word either - they very rarely ask questions.

As far as airline check-in at AUH and DXB, Etihad and Emirates will not carry pax with Israeli passports regardless of destination, and will also not issue tickets with Israeli destinations being served. However, I am assuming EY or EK are not the airlines of choice here. RJ or TK should not give you any trouble.

Things do get a bit trickier on the TLV side though. The questioning there can be quite intense. And that questioning will be the same whether you travel on a single ticket or two. (i.e. trying to cover up the fact that you were in DXB by purchasing two tickets, and then trying to explain your Turkish or Jordanian point of origin will probably result in them figuring out that something is fishy).

My advice: get a single ticket (whether it is on TK or RJ), be honest about your travel intentions, and besides some additional scruity in TLV, you (or your friend) should be fine.