FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [EXPIRED] Fee waived, US Airways Card, 30K + 10k @ anniversary
Old Mar 10, 2011, 11:06 am
honu

Originally Posted by booyaa
I thought those days were over, but guess not. I should have read, now I wasted a hard pull.

Per TC:

Two years ago Discover had same rules, but they turned around and realized how much business I would bring them. Apparently Barclays's not there yet. When permanent residency is required, usually issuers will ask the question in the application itself with a note indicating it's only for permanent residents or citizens, instead of "tricking" you into submitting application. Evil.

This corresponds with people asked to have their green card/passport copies sent for verification.
It's actually worse than that. According to my friend, whom I encouraged to apply because I didn't know better, permanent residence is not enough and only citizens qualify. She was asked for a copy of birth certificate or voter registration card, and she offered to send a copy of her green card and/or SS card, but that wasn't enough for Barclay's.