FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mandatory 12 hour hold for star alliance rewards?
Old Mar 7, 2011, 7:07 pm
sinoflyer

Programs: UA, Starwood, Priority Club, Hertz, Starbucks Gold Card
Originally Posted by doesun
Just booked SZX-PEK for this month and returning PEK-HKG next month. The ticket was issued immediately with a United as well as Air China confirmation number plus the UA ticket number.
I was told last month by an agent that *A award availability is now "live," so what an agent sees is what is available at that moment. I was also offered to ticket immediately.

Originally Posted by greathustle
Maybe a little off topic, but is this 12-hour hold typical for revenue tickets with *A legs included? Booked SFO-KIX-HND last night and was told to call back today to pay and get the ticket issued, because the KIX-HND leg on NH required a 12 hour wait....
I think this is still true for revenue tickets, because those seat inventories are still handled by each airline's own CRSs rather than a common clearing house for *A awards. Just guessing though, because the ability to ticket an award ticket immediately was a revelation that I discovered only last month.