FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rant/request for help... I am irrationally but genuinely FURIOUS at Continental
Old Mar 5, 2011, 11:52 am
bocastephen
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: United 1K, JAL Sapphire, SPG Lifetime Platinum, National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Call back and tell them you did not accept the change and the United offshore agent who barely spoke English lied to you and did something tricky to your PNR.

Here is what I recommend:

1. Ditch United on this trip. Rebook on CO flights.

2. Try and depart JAX for LAX the evening before your original trip start date

3. Overnight at LAX at your expense (this will be worth it, and there are tons of cheap hotel options near the airport) so you can take the first flight out the next morning and arrive OGG much earlier.

4. Get rebooked on CO to HNL the next morning, connecting on HA to OGG. Another option is to take JAX-SFO the evening before and UA from SFO-OGG. Yet another is JAX-PHX on US and PHX-OGG on US.

You need to insist on getting what you need. I've had my HNL schedule change multiple times and armed with specific alternatives, have always been successful getting the flights I wanted as long as open seats existed when I called.