FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire Suites or Cavalier [Master Thread]
Old Jul 19, 2003, 8:51 pm
mikeef
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
Arrow Calgary Sheraton Eau Claire Suites or Cavalier [Master Thread]

Just got back from the Sheraton Suites Calgary (Eau Claire). Haven't seen a post on it in a while, so I thought I would pipe in.

First, let me say that this property should be a model for all Sheratons, even though the Suites have a slightly different model. The employees were friendly, helpful and went out of their way to smile and be pleasant. When I checked in, the clerk recognized my status and discussed the Sheraton Promise. The club level offered free internet access and real hors d'oeuvres, although it was the first time I had ever been charged for a soda in a club lounge. The pool was great, and had a slide for kids (and adults, for that matter). Location was also nice, in downtown Calgary. This is an excellent hotel and Starwood has a reason to be proud of it.

The only "negative" incident was a one-timer; the first night (morning?) of my stay, the fire alarm went off at 2:15 a.m. Ugh. The next morning, I found a note under my door stating that, as a way of making up for the fire alarm, I was entitled to an upgrade to the club level the next time I stayed there. All I had to do was present this letter when I checked in. The only problem, of course, is that as a platinum, I should be upgraded ahead of time anyway. In other words, the only people who would not benefit from the letter were Starwood's most loyal customers. Oh well, you win some and you lose some...

Fire alarms aside, this is a fantastic hotel. It was my first time in a Sheraton Suites, but it is encouraging to see such a nice Sheraton property.

Mike