FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A rant about hotel shuttles (Portland Sable Oaks)
Old Mar 2, 2011, 12:45 pm
derby44

Programs: Marriott Platinum Hyatt Diamond Hilton Gold SPG Gold National Executive Avis Preferred Hertz Gold
A rant about hotel shuttles (Portland Sable Oaks)

Last Saturday we flew into PWM late night and I called the Marriott while still on the plane to request airport pickup from the Marriott Sable Oaks (we fly with carry-ons) no checked luggage. As usual the clerk asked how many passengers and what is the last name. When the van arrived there was a rush by many people to board--of course the youngest families were at the head of the line and there wasn't enough seats for everyone. The three oldest persons were left to wait for the next pick-up (only one van running). If the hotel asks how many people are in the party and what is your last name--wouldn't it be appropriate for the driver to board the first passengers to call? When he came back to pick us up I suggested that he get the list from the hotel (names/number of passengers) so it's first call first served. When we arrived at the hotel 45 minutes after the initial call I asked the young man checking us in if I could make a suggestion--he said of course and I explained the situation about sharing the list with the driver so it was truly first call/first served. On Monday I e-mailed the general manager after getting his address from the front desk--gracefully asking if perhaps this should/could become protocol in the future. I then asked him if he could tell me if his hotel is one of those being upgraded from a category 4 to 5 (it is) per todays post by Marriott Concierge. I'm waiting to hear from him. I have a two night stay certificate earned and another $100 off certificate on two weekend nights that I plan/planned to use at this hotel this summer. Here's hoping that I get a response at some point. In the meantime thanks to Marriott for coming clean with the entire list--I can plan my stay before the deadline. It shouldn't be so difficult. Best of luck to all.