FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - claiming original routing credit?
View Single Post
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:40 am
demue

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
As olm22 said it should be worked out according to your originally booked ticket.

However, it does depend a bit what person is processing the claim as consistency in application of that rule is not guaranteed. I'm still grumpy about my case where I was booked VIE-FRA-LEJ (which back then should have given 750mls + 500mls) but instead was booked on VIE-LEJ directly and only got 750mls. I argued for originla ticket and was told no in writing.

Weeks later I was booked on LEJ-VIE and had to be rebooked LEJ-MUC-VIE. Of course in this case I got 750mls as orginally ticketed and not 500mls + 750mls as flown due to rerouting.

Confronting M&M with this nonsense didn't go very far as they insisted to be right in both cases which was completely contradictory (I agree with the later one, but not the first) but alas after a few arguments back and forth I just let it go as they seemed to be pretty 'thick' on this issue.