FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott Maui Ocean Club vs Hyatt Regency Maui
Old Mar 1, 2011, 9:04 pm
Enjoralas

Originally Posted by ranles
I prefer the Hyatt for so many reasons. I would have to really have something with marriott before picking it over the Hyatt.

Still trying to see what you are trying to get.

Priceline will get you a great deal on the Hyatt, or at least it did for us...see trip report. That will get you a room for well under $100/nt, but it will be run of the hotel unless you have some clout with Hyatt. If you have not used Priceline before, or if view is critical, then skip this suggestion.

The Hotel we stayed at down South was very good, and also very reasonable. Again see our trip report. It was going thru ownership change, but have great access to a beach, a smallish pool, great service, good parking and was quiet. We skipped the Hawaiian feast, but watched the show from our room will sipping some wine. We could see the whales from our room...and we were on priceline!!!!
There is nothing available via Priceline in the Resort Category in either Wailela or Ka'anapali for our dates, 4/4-4/9, at least not at a bid up to $270 per night.

I was able to get a rate of $321 per night for an Oceanfront room at the Marriott with the member rewards rate, and was able to reserve the resort view room at Hyatt which will cost $319 per night for the Stay Certificates, plus $464 for the first night of the stay.

It's these prices that have me nervous/antsy to make a good decision. I've never spent near this much for a hotel before. If I could get them for under $100, I'd book them both and sleep wherever we were closer at the moment!

I keep telling myself that it's my honeymoon so it's ok to splurge, because you only get married once! Then my fiancee slaps me. She's divorced.