FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - This HAPPENED to me in CCS few hours ago! LH disaster!
Old Mar 1, 2011, 4:54 pm
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by mr.pliner
..Like I said before, I am REALLY impressed with the way the wrote the first response! So professionally written, yet, not single HINT of being sorry. They were sorry for me being sorry about them?!!
This is how I experience the good ol'LH ever since the Wolf's gang took over the shop. The crown of the temerity was when I was disserviced and left stranded in FRA together with a very belligerent SEN companion. When I wrote the complaint, not only did they hint at their innocence (weather, mech, customs) but also added that they would fight any legal claims...

Which again was a lie as they paid upon the small claims court decision.
..I want to stress the issue here, there were no people, no LH property, no signs, papers, line barriers... nothing at the CI desk. How is that possible, that they closed everything, cleaned up, packed things in multiple plastic boxes (and I've seen them doing it the next day and it took them a while) and left the counters? All THAT in 5 to 10 min range? Giving, that the entire continent is not in the hurry... ever....
Briefly: South America. We had a tight connection to a LAN flight on GRU. We still made it 25 mins to departure, the gate said "open", we did OLCI before... no one was there except for an employee who acted not to be related to LAN and only identified himself once I tried to open the door to the jetbridge whic after all said our flight number and "gate open".
He tersely explained to us that our OLCI was "not valid", the flight was checked full, and we missed the deadline. We pointed to the "gate open" sign. He said that there is no one who print us 'valid' boarding passes, switched the sign to "gate closed" and then made mad dash for his life .

LAN never accepted responsibility for the action, even though we took a picture of the "gate open".