FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Consolidated Disneyland Information, Accommodations and Restaurants Thread
Old Feb 27, 2011, 10:21 pm
bubb1

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flybie
I am going to disneyland in Anaheim CA for 3 days, but only will be at the park for 2 days (2 days ticket) and then one day to universal studio to see LA a little bit.

Is this too tight of the schedule that I am impossible to see a lot of things at disney land park? If so, can you recommend the highlights for me/tips in order to make my tight schedule worth it there?

Universal studio ideas are welcome too.

Thank you.
I can't speak for Universal, but we live near Disneyland and hold an annual pass, so we visit fairly often. Before I offer any advice, I suggest you visit sites such as micechat, mouseplanet, etc for very large Disneyland forums full of tips. I'll attempt to offer my suggestions:

-Arrive at opening for both parks for short wait times on the most popular rides (Disneyland: Space Mountain, Matterhorn, and Peter Pan DCA: Toy Story Midway Mania and World of Color tickets)

-Use a smartphone app for ride wait times (Mousewait for iPhone is good)

-Use the fastpass system (look this up online or ask a staff member when you arrive). A very useful "secret" is that you can use a fastpass even after it expires (so long as it is the same day).

-Feel free to switch between the California Adventure park and Disneyland several times a day (you can collect fastpasses simultaneously in both)

-Fantasmic, fireworks, and World of Color are worth the hassle IMO. World of Color is particularly excellent, do not miss! Note that these require some planning ahead, read online or ask staff upon arrival.

-Have fun and don't stress too much about optimizing the experience, let yourself be surprised!