FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Domestic Upgrade??? What's That!?!?!?
View Single Post
Old Feb 27, 2011, 5:52 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by emcsweeney
Imagine that Where's channa when we need him?
Not sure what to say here.

Not getting an upgrade on CO is par for the course. I wouldn't even bother with trying to identify whether this was deliberate or a technical glitch. It is what it is.

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Or.......co is waiting to sell the tens-o-dollars ug seats. Fll-ewr this past week as a PP with 2/20 sold the ug list didn't change. At 2 hours prior to departure, I was #1. I watched as the front eventually filled to 16/20 and I was bumped to 2 on the list. (assume it was due to a higher fare PP).

The list eventually went 18/20 (ole jerk err Jeff is loving his t-o-d ugs). I made it after boarding began. Funny part was I waited to board and the list still showed 18/20 with me #2 but when I got to the machine the lady heard a beeb, typed on the keyboard, and handed me a boarding pass in F.
This is why I caution people about the upgrade list. It gives a false sense of indication. Not because of the TOD upgrades, but because the list is the airport checkin list. It's very possible that there were other Elites with Y/B/M ahead of you or higher Elites, but they weren't on the upgrade list because they had not yet checked in.

Or it's possible that a higher Elite was on the upgrade list below you, but when EUA ran, they were higher than you (because the tiebreaker is different for the upgrade list vs. EUA).

The upgrade list doesn't even come into play until the GA runs the upgrades (about 30 minutes out), so it's really only good for a rough guide.

Originally Posted by gawhite411
I think that in the new UA, GS will be the only people who have a halfway decent experience.
I disagree with this. With good buddy $misek in charge, it's debatable if even these folks will have a good experience.