FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: First Class Check-in London Heathrow LHR, formerly Premium / Flagship
Old Feb 25, 2011, 11:58 am
Microwave
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
Originally Posted by alawrencenyc
I have never had a problem checking in with a friend who has no status. I've even taken friends to JFK and taken them into the FC line to check in to their flight when I was not flying.
It's worth noting that the Flagship Check-in area at Heathrow is even more limited in access rights than the premium check-in area at JFK, open only to EXPs, and pax already confirmed in F or J. I have read stories that it is well defended, but for those not averse to being sent away it may be worth giving it a whirl. I do find that it is usually empty or nearly empty, but it's not like there's a cornucopia of finger food or free massages in there either.

Originally Posted by Abidjan
I've never used the Flagship check-in. I've always found the F check-in counter is empty; service is prompt and efficient.
Same experience here. Never been in a line more than 1 person deep at either Flaship Check-in or the F/J area between zones B and C.