FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Class *A Mini-RTW, or how to burn 1000 points per hour for 5 straight days
Old Feb 25, 2011, 9:22 am
okazon69

NRT - UA RCC First and NH First Lounge

The next morning, I took the shuttle back to the airport. Security was quick, efficient and ultimately polite. No need to take off shoes, watch or belt. They practically bowed to me when everything was done.

I first went to the United RCC lounge. Upon arrival, I was immediately advised that the First Class section was upstairs, and the attendant guided me the ten feet to the elevator. Upstairs, there were only two passengers, including myself. The coffee was bad, and the food selection was quite limited, so I had a couple of dim sum and some sushi with a cold beer instead. Free WiFi was available, and very fast.

When I decided to leave the lounge, the attendant was super polite, thanking me for my visit. She even went so far as to press the elevator buttons for me, and bowed deeply as the elevator doors closed.

I had a quick look at the business class lounge downstairs, which is larger, and was far more occupied. The food selection is better than upstairs.

I managed to capture a picture of Lufthansa’s A380 “Tokio” right after landing. Later on I saw SQ’s and AF’s A380 as well. Nice to see so many of them all in one place.

I then went looking for the elusive Wasabi Kitkat, and found it at the second FaSoLa store, and also picked up some Green Tea Kitkat.

A short stroll to Satellite 5 and the ANA lounges followed. Upon arrival, the lounge attendants bowed to the guests coming through the doors. I was immediately directed to the ANA Suites Lounge on the right.

While the lounge is certainly very nice and quite elegant, I must say I was a bit underwhelmed. The food selection was very nice, but I decided not to have any, as I had already been eating for four days straight.

The lounge features some individual work areas with computers and flat-screen TVs. Nice to be able to hide for a while!

The one thing I definitely wanted to try, and found totally exquisite, was the Suntory Hibiki 17 year old whisky. Wow! The same bottle sells for 6,500 Yen at the duty free, while the 21 year old is 15,000 Yen.

Soon it was time to board the plane....

Last edited by okazon69; Feb 25, 2011 at 8:01 pm