FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is the TB looking at MilePoint?
View Single Post
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:02 am
SkiAdcock
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by nsx
We are focused as always on making FT better without regard to what other sites do that is outside the capabilities of the vbulletin software. If vbulletin can't do it already or with minor modifications, it's off the table for FT. That's the way things have always been.

The TalkBoard is supposed to make judgments about how we can improve the value to FT to members. We listen to our members and we try hard to consider the interests of non-vocal members and potential members. I believe that 2011 has the potential to be a great year for the TalkBoard. For the moment it appears that we have a greater scope of action than ever before. So go ahead and be ambitious with those ideas.
Originally Posted by alohastephen
That is a pretty pompous statement. You will never agree 100% with any FT member?

Do you realize that you are stating that no matter what anybody on flyertalk says you will always find disagreement. Ouch. Now I clearly understand the defection to milepoint.
Oh good grief. I think you read way more into the statement than was intended and also misinterpreted it.

And FWIW - from what has been mentioned in Omni re: FT & MP, people are frequenting both BB - and in the case of MP, waiting to see what it looks like post-beta. There are things people don't like about MP or would like to see incorporated, but of course the place to provide that input is on MP.

Just as the place to offer input re: changes, new ideas for FT, etc, is on FT, whether it be in TB or in the Suggestions forum for IB.

Cheers.