FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LifeShield Security - 25,000 bonus pts
View Single Post
Old Feb 21, 2011, 4:57 pm
AdamK

Programs: BD *G, DL PM, HH Gold
First off thanks very much dovergator for posting, I wouldn't have seen it otherwise.

To add my experience, I ordered online yesterday and called today to find out more info. Spoke with a (surprisingly) helpful and competent-seeming CSR.

-As soon as the 30-day trial period ends (ie the 31st day), a CSR from Lifeshield will call to get your MP number. Apparently the miles will be submitted to United immediately (I don't think it will take 4-6 weeks, but I will update when/if my miles ever post)

-Lifeshield seems like a really small company which may not be able to deal with the volume of....FT'ers. We'll see...

-The total cost will seem to be $128.99 assuming we cancel between day 40 and 59.

-It looks like it will be necessary to install/open the system, as it's not possible to complete the online registration process without the unique system ID activation. And I believe it will be necessary to complete the online registration process in order to start the free trial. I'm not sure about transferability of the system once it's been activated so I'm not counting on eBay being a viable option. Hopefully I'm wrong with all this, but again will post back when I find out...