FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Major Problems on a Priceline Stay -- Who to talk to? What to ask for?
Old Feb 20, 2011, 2:38 am
GregL

Location: St. Louis, MO - AA PLT/2.98MM (Lifetime PLT), Delta PM, SPG Gold, AMEX Plat
Programs: TW Elite (RIP), CO OnePass
Major Problems on a Priceline Stay -- Who to talk to? What to ask for?

We're staying at the London Marriott Maida Vale for a two night Priceline Name Your Price stay over the holiday weekend.

Check-in was absolutely fine -- ended up with a room with one queen bed, located as part of what would be a large suite if all three rooms were thus needed.

Get back to the hotel last night about 10pm and the worries began. A young woman (perhaps with her mother and/or friends) had rented the main part of the suite and was having a party. While tired, we weren't going to bed immediately so I hoped things would quiet down before long.

At 11:30, it was clear that wasn't going to happen and I called the front desk. The person answering appeared to be fully aware of the issue once I told them the room number and said it would be taken care of.

Over the next hour, I was able to hear someone from the hotel staff come up to the room on three separate occasions to talk with the occupants -- including references to having already spoken to them on the phone. The young woman who rented the room blatantly lied to them on multiple times (telling them they were about to leave, etc. -- including having a number of the people there leave the room temporarily, only to return ten minutes later).

Things quieted down for a bit... but with comings and goings increasing and loud talking in the hallway, I called the front desk again at 2:30. The manager called back and asked if *I* wanted to change rooms -- which I said really wouldn't be an option as my partner had actually fallen asleep. (If that had been offered at 11:30, I would have probably accepted.) The manager came up to the room and spoke with the guest again, indicating if they received any additional complaints, they would be forced to leave. Over the next half hour, it was loud on occasion, but I managed to fall asleep for a bit.

With another group of visitors arriving and/or talking in the hallway at 5:30, I had enough and called again. The manager said he would take care of the situation. While I didn't hear him outside my door, the noise did quiet down although the comings and goings seemed to continue.

Eventually, I did fall asleep again -- but I'm not a happy camper. 5-6 hours of sleep on the first night of a two day London trip isn't enough. So the question is what do I do now?

I plan to visit the front desk and speak with the manager. Hopefully s/he has been told of what happened by the night manager. If the same people are in that room tonight, I am going to demand a new room.

But what else? Since this is a pre-paid Priceline stay, I can't ask them to comp me the room -- although I think that's clearly warranted. Do I complain to Priceline -- how successful that will be I don't know? Do I complain to Marriott Corporate? If so, what's the best way to reach them? What is reasonable compensation for a situation like this?

Thanks,
Greg