FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - FAQ 5A1 - Paris CDG Airport FAQ
View Single Post
Old Feb 19, 2011, 1:22 am
Goldorak
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF/KL Flying Blue Platinum for life/Club2000 Ultimate, Accor ALL Diamond
Originally Posted by YesLetsDiscuss
I initially posted this in the Delta forum, but got no responses, so trying here (where I should have posted in the first place). Thanks!

-----------

I'm a Delta PM doing JFK-CDG-AMS in J this Sunday on AF with only a 01:15 connection at CDG. No checked bags. Into 2E and out of 2F. Here is what I understand, and some questions that I hope you can answer.

1) I get into 2E. Do I get to the terminal through a jetway or will a bus take me to the terminal? Seems like there are two gate sections E21-E47 and E51-E76. Anyone know which one AF23 gets to?

2) I clear immigration in 2E and can use the a separate line for premium passengers. Is that called Access No 1?

3) According to this AF Transfer Page, a shuttle ride is involved with either a long circuitous shuttle ride or just a short ride to 2F depending which 2E gate section I get into. However, I would like to avoid the shuttle altogether since 2F seems fairly close to 2E, and just walk across. Is that a good idea?

4) I go through security in 2F and there is a separate line (Access No 1) for premium passengers.

5) I don't stand a chance with having time to shower in a lounge at CDG.

6) Can I access an arrival lounge in AMS? If yes, which one would be the quickest to access?

All advice appreciated. Thanks!
here are the answers to your questions :
1) it is impossible to know which gate will be used. They are assigned a few hours before. You have to keep in mind that it's even not guaranteed that you'll arrive at 2E from JFK. In your case, you can arrive at any non-Schengen terminal AF is using, i.e. 2E, 2F2 or 2C. You asked about the possibility to be parked at a remote gate and be bussed to the terminal : yes, it's possible but, for AF long-haul flights, it's becoming more and more rare (10-15%)

2) yes

3) yes, just walk (even if you arrive in 2C, just clear immigration there as if you were ending your trip in Paris and walk to 2F. It will be no more than 10 min). You will have to go through security at 2F.

4) yes

5) no time

6) I'm not an AMS expert but I believe you can access the KLM non-schengen lounge. There is only one in this zone (lounge #25, check on a terminal map when you arrive at Schipol). May be you can have a search in the KLM subforum to confirm