FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 SWU for use by 2/28 !
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2011, 11:55 pm
steve32

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, OW Sapphire, QF Bronze, Marriott Silver, Starwood Gold; National Emerald
Last year I tried calling Fisher House about their using my expiring eVIPs, but they said they could not. They only take miles donations and those are turned into award tickets (which are not eligible for upgrading).

Any family members that buy their tickets, they do not have information about, and even if they did could not give that info out due to privacy policy.

I then tried an indirect route, and offered to those who donated miles to Fisher House. I even let them be miles in any FF program (as Fisher House collects them from many FF programs).

This year I have a ridiculous 11 eVIPs to "dispose" of. I tried offering 4 to my cousin and his new wife as a wedding present, and then the same to two other extended family couples I'm close with. No takers after 1.5 years. So they are coming to the end of their life.

Would be nice if I could eke out another year for the newlyweds, though I don't know if they will have any better chance of doing a trip this year. They had a baby 9 months after the wedding.

Steve32