FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Purchasing or Owning the Hilton Garden Inn Sleep System: The Definitive Thread
Old Feb 17, 2011, 4:26 pm
hginPHL

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by Fredd
We just tried one in the FCO HGI and seriously thought it was a Sleep Number bed that they'd failed to plug in. It was incredibly soft and saggy. Moving the dial from 1 to the max as we had in the afternoon didn't seem to make any difference at all.

It felt like the kind of mattress we've encountered in 1* hotels in our younger days. Mrs. Fredd even tried to sleep on the floor on the duvet but that was too firm.It took her back a couple of days to recover.

I'm guessing we must have been doing something wrong. I certainly didn't post here to disparage it. Any ideas what?
I must be doing something wrong as well. I HATE these beds. The dial seems to do nothing. I've actually resorted to sleeping on the floor on more than one occassion - they are lumpy and uncomfortable. I do not stay at HGIs anymore because of the beds. It's too bad because I really liked the HGI brand.