FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 4 SWU for use by 2/28 !
View Single Post
Old Feb 17, 2011, 9:24 am
DFWsakp

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, HH Gold, AA Lifetime Gold, United Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by wacamo
I have 4 unused SWU which expire at the end of this month.

Here is the deal. They will go (one by one) to the members who make the largest charity donation to a verifiable (using IRS rules) charity. Any offer over $500 instantly gets the upgrade (kinda like 'but it now' on eBay). I don't want the tax deduction, or anything else. I just want some lucky charities to benefit and some lucky members to 'get outta coach'.

As proof, I'll need to see a pdf file of the receipt (with the charities EIN on it). You ought to make sure the upgrades can clear before applying. Offer begins now and ends 24 hours from now. So the charity receipt has to be marked within that period.

On your mark, get set...
Totally Awesome !!!!
This is the best idea I have seen on FT as for SWU giveaways.
Everyone who wants to donate their SWUs from now until 28th Feb should use your idea rather than giving it for free to the 1st person who PMs them. Last year on CC, I saw some people basically wanting a SWU for almost free saying that it would anyway expire. I ended giving it up to a helpful colleague and her family.

Kudos to you !!!!