FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Touching face and hair -- what is point?
View Single Post
Old Feb 16, 2011, 11:23 am
chollie
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA,RR,NW,Delta ,UA,CO
Originally Posted by njbaglady
I don't believe the face stroking story for a minute, a man wouldn't be patting down a woman. But most of all I don't believe what I read here. Adults calling other people creeps and other demeaning terms! What are you 12 yrs old???? Talk about ridiculous! Take a bus! And to the person who brags she's told TSA she bettter not meet them on the outside !!! Honey if I worked there and you said that to me I would report you in a New York minute!!! Are you kidding me? I think all the name callers need to get on the aircraft - the one without security! The system may be flawed but at least they are trying, and that name callers is better than ANY of you !!!
Welcome to FT and TS/S, njbaglady. Perhaps you could read up on some other threads in this forum, as well as google: TSA does not guarantee same sex patdowns. In some cases, if a same gender trained screener is not available, you may be patted down by someone of the opposite gender.

And I personally don't want my face touched by a stranger of either sex. I understand the TSOs have hours of training to teach them SSI information about threats I can't even imagine, but I still do not believe for one minute that touching my face will detect a threat hidden there.

There are no commercial aircraft without security. The cockpit doors have been reinforced and the last two cabin attempts were thwarted by passengers. Remember, prior to 9/11, passengers and crew had been advised to always co-operate with terrorists because the assumption was that terrorists always wanted to land the plane safely. Now we know otherwise and passengers will fight back. In the two most recent cases, US Intelligence and TSA both failed to detect and act upon the threat - the passengers saved the day.

Stick around TS/S. There's a lot to be learned here.