FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [ARCHIVE to 2014] DISCUSSION Hilton Honors Hotels near Chicago, Illinois USA {US-IL}
Old Feb 14, 2011, 12:37 pm
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by IrisT
I found a couple good comments in this thread about the HS Downtown from last March. I'm checking to see if anyone has any recent comments about that property or the Hilton Suites Chicago/Magnificent Mile. I have it narrowed down to those two (by price and location--I've stayed at the Wit and PH Hilton before, and they aren't my choices for this visit).

When I stayed at a Hilton Suites in Michigan last year, the rooms were nice suites; however, the hotel did not have an executive floor. I received full breakfast coupons and liked the room. Is that standard for Hilton Suites--no executive floor, and full breakfast coupons? I have Gold status.

Thanks for any information!
There are times I would rather have full breakfast coupons than the continental breakfast in the lounge. As a gold I wouldn't chose a property on if they had an exec floor, unless you are planning on resererving a room on that floor, since you won't have lounge access if they can't upgrade you to the exec level.