FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need help in planing my first vacation to Alaska during July 4th weekend
Old Feb 13, 2011, 8:12 pm
wmrn43a

My wife and I (both 60 and in good health) are trying to plan an itenerary as the 1st post of this thread. We have from 12 - 16 nights. We like vistas, hiking, glaciers, Whale, bears, eagles, moose watching. Must vist Dinali; also fly and land on the mountain. It can be this year June - Sept. or next year. I understand you need to plan ahead.

Suggested places to stay near where we visit; cabins with plumbing, lodge, motel. We have never stayed at a B&B.

We are not into history and seeing towns, gold mines etc.

One item my wife would like to do is take a 1 way cruise, but for less then 7 nights. This can be either way, was hoping to go out of Seattle, we have no passport for Vancover. Are there any cruises 3-4 nights?

We are flexable on how we travel to various areas, but we like to be able to make stops as we see something of interest.

My days in Alaska could be more due to the cruise. Do you think I need more days?

Any suggestions of where to go, how to get there, who to use?

I want to be able to see snow at least in the higher elevations. Is there any place to use (rent/tours) snow snowmobiles from June - Aug?

I'm asking for alot, hope someone can steer me in the right direction and provide some suggestions.

Thanks in advance.