FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why Don't more travelers use remote desktop.
Old Feb 13, 2011, 7:47 pm
chichow

Programs: UA 1MM Gold AA Gold NW Silver Marriott Plat. SPG Plat. Hilton Gold Hertz 5 Star
Originally Posted by bocastephen
Since I'm in the industry, I can say that most corporate travelers *should* be using virtual/remote desktops when traveling abroad. *Every* corporation that gives even the slightest care about security and protecting intellectual property should be using this technology.

Virtual desktops are evolving - yesterday you needed to be tethered to the network to get access. Today we have virtual desktops that can be run while off the network, maintain complete security from the host device disk and sync with the data center when back on the network.

Customs or whatever espionage group wanted to steal information from such an employee laptop would have an impossible time.

It still amazes me that western companies are sending employees to China (and France, for that matter) with IP right on their local hard disk, just begging to be stolen.
Vendors? Solutions? just curious...