FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades not automatically confirming at window
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:46 pm
Lackey99

Programs: Delta PM
Originally Posted by MR_MAMA
Are you kidding me? DL should stop selling tickets to make money and instead give you the the UG for free? You do realize they are a business and not a charity, right? They never have guaranteed that every FC seat would be available for a free UG. I totally understand what their doing, I haven't missed a single UG this year yet on mostly T fares, but if I did, I would totally understand and if it bothered me enough, I would simply choose another airline. Oh, but they all do the same thing.
I am not kidding you. And why does it always seem when I complain about how DL treats elites that it's suggested I can go elsewhere. I like DL and I'm not leaving. I'm simply pointing out they do not consistantly show their loyalty to their most loyal customers.

My company has many service agreement (SA) customers...loyal customers who pay for service upfront. That's pretty much what we do with DL (or at least what I do by not going for low fare every time but going on DL). If I told one of our SA customers that they had an appointment on Wednesday at 8am but I reserved the right to try to sell that time to someone willing to pay $59 or whatever I could get...how long would I have that customer??? I get it...why can't DL?

If you are happy taking whatever crumbs DL decides to give you well that's ok for you...it's not ok with me. I'm finding the value of being a DL elite is not as good as it was last year, or the year before and from what I hear/see it's getting worse...mainly due to the watering down of elite status. Again...I'm not leaving DL...I'm just disappointed and voicing my frustration.

Yes...DL's a business and deserves to make money. However, they still need to take care of their loyal elites better than they do and not try to make a few bucks at the expense of a loyal elite.