FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Upgrades not automatically confirming at window
Old Feb 13, 2011, 3:01 pm
MR_MAMA

Programs: DL-MM-Diamond HH-Diamond
Originally Posted by Lackey99
Yes...that is correct. If there are seats in FC that are not sold they should give them to elites. And yes...I understand the fine print about DL making them available by converting them to "V". However, that is not fair to a loyal elite.

The way it should work is DL sells as many FC as they can upto 5 days before the flight. Then DM/PM window opens 5 days out and, based on DL's UG order, they give out open FC seats. Any seats left over can be sold until the GM window opens (48 hrs more sell time for DL). Then they hand out GM UG's. Then they have another 48 hrs to sell until FO get's their shot. And yes...if a DM, PM, GM, or FO buys a ticket after their window opens and their are seats available they get an immediate UG.

Are you kidding me? DL should stop selling tickets to make money and instead give you the the UG for free? You do realize they are a business and not a charity, right? They never have guaranteed that every FC seat would be available for a free UG. I totally understand what their doing, I haven't missed a single UG this year yet on mostly T fares, but if I did, I would totally understand and if it bothered me enough, I would simply choose another airline. Oh, but they all do the same thing.