FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pigs in the sky club
View Single Post
Old Feb 11, 2011, 7:05 pm
avidflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United1K, AA ExPlAAt, DL MM/Gold, Hilton Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by thesaints
It must be an American thing. In Europe people put on their best clothing when going to the airport (they may have no sense of style, but that's another matter) and generally act like they know they are in a public place.
Only in the US I've seen people in their pajama, oversized pillows, laying on the floor around the gate, or taking care of their most personal toilet. Of course, shoes must go off at the earliest chance.
I mean I've seen that only in the US or whenever stranded Albanian refugees are waiting for evacuation.

Sometimes I think a nation-wide good manners campaign wouldn't be out of place. then I remind myself which sort of people we sent over here from Europe and I lose hope...
I have to completely disagree with you there (the statement that Europeans dress up to fly). I lived there for several years and I can tell you the that I have seen some pretty rough looking folks on weekend flights to/from Dublin/London from AMS. I did not see the average flyer "dress up" for any flights.