FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lounge Access Based on Class of Service (master thread)
Old Feb 11, 2011, 5:58 pm
billgrates3

Programs: AA EXP 3.4MM, BAEC, UAMP, Skyteam (<10k) HH Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz Gold, GE/TSA TT
Originally Posted by chayz
It pains me more than you know to admit that I have been downgraded from EXP to PLT on American Airlines. I have a flight in Z (First) LAX-LHR with a same day conx in BIZ on British Aiways. I've spoken to no less then three EXP agents who told me I would not receive first class lounge access at LHR..is this a new rule or have I been incorrect in thinking that arriving longhaul in first and transfering (either in y or J) still gives you access to a oneworld's first class lounge? Any help, advice, experiences would be fantastic...Thanks!!! My thought that arriving class of serivce allows you into any OWA first class lounge as long as there is a same day OW connnection....please advice!
According to the FT wiki, a Z ticket entitles you to Flagship lounge access, and therefore, Galleries First also.
http://www.flyerguide.com/wiki/index.php/Lounges_(AA)

From the Oneworld site:
"Lounge Access by Class of Travel

Customers flying First or Business Class have access to the equivalent class of lounge regardless of their frequent flyer status. (First Class passengers may be accompanied by one guest travelling on a flight operated and marketed by a oneworld airline).

Customers flying in Economy class on the domestic or intra-European segment to connect to or from a oneworld longhaul First or Business Class flight can also use the lounge applicable to the class in which they are travelling the longhaul segment.
"

Last edited by dstan; Feb 15, 2011 at 10:42 pm Reason: repaired link